Steering & Suspension Hesperia, CA
Owning a car comes with a great deal of responsibility and properly maintaining your vehicle can mean the difference between it operating at its best and you being stranded on the side of the road. At Scotty's Automotive Repair we understand how important your car is to your daily life and what inconvenience it is when your car is broken down. One area that needs routine care is the steering and suspension; luckily, we have highly trained and experienced technicians capable of diagnosing and fixing steering problems, vehicle steering, repair suspension, and replace suspension.
Steering is a vital component of your car as it is what allows you to control the vehicle, steering problems present a danger to you and other cars on the road, so it is vital to know the warning signs and have the steering repaired as soon as possible. Listed below are some warning signs that your vehicle steering needs to be fixed:
- Vibration- If you notice the steering wheel vibrating, it is most likely because the wheels are out of alignment or there is an issue with the power steering.
- Difficulty Turing the Steering Wheel- Your vehicles steering wheel should be firm but turn easily, if you are finding it difficult to turn the steering wheel is a sign that there is a problem with the power steering.
- Noises- If you notice noises like grinding or screeching when you turn the steering wheel, there is most likely a problem with the power steering belt and you will need to get your vehicle serviced.
- Steering is Loose- While the steering wheel should be easy to turn, it should not be loose or have too much play this is an indication that your vehicle has worn or damaged steering gear and should be serviced.
- Problems with Steering Fluid- Power steering fluid should be red, pink, or clear so if the fluid is another color or is foaming it is an indication that either water or air may have found its way into the system and it is not adequately lubricated.
A vehicle's suspension is responsible not only for the smooth ride of your car but it also affects the driver's ability to control the vehicle during turning and stopping so if you see signs that there is an issue with the suspension and it requires suspension repair it is essential to have it serviced immediately. Below is a list of the most common signs your vehicle needs to have suspension repair:
- Uneven Tire Tread- One sign that your car needs suspension repair is that the tread on your tires is wearing unevenly. If you observe bald spots on the tires, it is an indication that the suspension is off and needs to be repaired.
- Drifting While Turning- If you notice that when you are turning a corner, your vehicle tends to pull or drift it is an indication that there is a problem with the shocks and the suspension needs to be checked and repaired.
- Oily Shocks- When you inspect your shocks and find that they are greasy or oily, it is an indication that they have a leak and are not working correctly. It would be best if you had your vehicle checked out to make sure it does not require suspension repair.
- Nose Dips When Stopping- If you notice the nose of your car dipping or diving when you stop it is an indication that the shocks may be worn, and you need to take your vehicle to a professional to repair suspension or replace suspension.
Steering and suspension are vital components of a vehicle that is functioning correctly and safely if you notice signs that either of these systems is failing you should have them inspected by a professional right away. At Scotty's Automotive repair we understand how important it is for your vehicle to function correctly and safely and we are the experts in auto repair in the area so call or stop by and have one of our expert technicians look at your steering and/or suspension.