Engine Repair Hesperia, CA
The engine is an essential part of any motor vehicle because without it you will have a rather expensive lawn ornament. The engine is what powers the car and all the components inside the car, so it is essential to make sure you are keeping up on your engine service and engine repair. At Scotty's automotive, we are a full-service mechanic, and our highly trained mechanics can provide any engine service, engine repair, or engine replacement.
How Do I Know When It Is Time for Engine Service?
Most vehicle's come with an owner's manual that will explain when your car engine should be serviced and what should be serviced. While this is a helpful guideline, unfortunately, circumstances outside of your control can cause engine problems and listed below are signs that your engine needs repair:
- Stalling- If you find that while you are driving your engine begins to sputter die, it is essential to take it to be serviced immediately.
- Leaking Fluid- If you notice fluid puddles or stains in, on, or around your car when it is parked; this is a sign that there is a problem and you should have it serviced immediately.
- Check Engine Light- Most modern vehicles come with dashboard warning lights to indicate when your car is having a problem, and it should be serviced. One dashboard light is the check engine light if this is illuminated your vehicle is telling you it has a problem that needs to be fixed.
- Exhaust Smoke- Modern cars are designed to have very little smoke come from the exhaust, so if you begin to see large amounts of smoke coming from the exhaust it is time to have the engine looked at.
- Noises- Anytime you have strange noises coming from the engine, it is a sign that something is not right. If you hear knocking, banging, squealing, or another other loud noise coming from the engine, it is time to have a mechanic look at it.
Signs Your Engine Needs to Be Replaced
When properly maintained car engines can last for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles, but occasionally your engine may develop problems that are too expensive to fix and replacing the engine is the best option. Listed below are signs that your engine needs replacing:
- Metal Shavings- If you notice that there are metal shavings that become evident during oil changes, this is a sign that you may need to have the engine replaced. Engine oil is meant to lubricate and keep engine parts working at their best, metal shavings indicate severe damage to the engine.
- Knocking Noises- While engines can produce a myriad of noises for a variety of reasons, knocking is usually an indication that something serious is wrong with the engine and it will need to be replaced.
- No Power- When your engine fails to produce enough power to make it work, there may be several reasons or problems causing it. It may be hard to diagnose or simply too expensive to fix leaving engine replacement as the best option.
- Excessive Exhaust Smoke- Modern cars are designed to produce very little exhaust smoke, so if you begin to see an excessive amount of exhaust smoke, then you may need to have the engine replaced.
At Scotty's Automotive Repair, our customer's safety and satisfaction are among our highest priorities. We have an excellent staff of mechanics who can perform any engine service, engine repair, or engine replacement. If you are experiencing issues with your engine or are just unsure when you had it serviced last call us today and set up an appointment, so we can assess your engine and provide any answers you require.