Automotive Alignment- Scotty’s Automotive Repair Car ownership comes with much responsibility, and part of that responsibility is to keep up on routine maintenance to endure your vehicle is operating safely. One area of vehicle maintenance that is often overlooked is the auto alignment. Scotty's Automotive Repair is a full-service alignment shop with all the proper tools and parts along with a team of highly skilled mechanics that can adjust any car alignment.
What Can Cause Your Car to Be Out of Alignment? You may be wondering what exactly causes my car to be out of alignment? To answer that question listed below are some of the common reasons a vehicle is out of alignment:
1. Hitting an ObjectOne of the most obvious ways a car can be out of alignment is that while driving, you hit an object like a curb, pothole, or road debris.
2. Old or Worn PartsYour vehicle can become out of alignment to do the age and wear of the car's parts. To avoid this, you should have your alignment checked regularly so you can catch any problems before they become too expensive.
3. Suspension ModificationSome car owners like to customize their vehicle's by increasing the suspension height, while this may look good to them, it can cause the car to be us of alignment. If you adjust the height without adequately adjusting the suspension, you will suffer from it being out of alignment.
Signs You Need an Auto Alignment When your vehicle is out of alignment, it can cause damage to the tires and other parts of the car, so it is crucial to know the signs you need an alignment. Listed below are common signs you need an auto alignment:
1. Uneven Tire WearWhen your vehicle is out of alignment, you will notice irregular wear patterns on your tire tread. Because the car is out of alignment, one part of the tire is being worn away faster than the rest of the tire.
2. PullingIf your car needs an alignment, you will notice it pulling from one side or the other. If you are driving in a straight line and release the steering wheel, you will notice the car pull to the right or left, indicating it needs an alignment.
3. VibrationIf you notice the steering wheel vibrating, it can be the sign of an unbalanced tire, and the vehicle needs an alignment.
4. Crooked Steering WheelMany drivers take the steering wheel for granted and don’t spend much time looking at it, but it can be an important indicator that your vehicle needs an alignment. When your car is parked straight the steering wheel should also be straight, if you notice that the steering wheel is crooked then it is time for an alignment.
At Scotty's Automotive Repair the safety of our customers is our number one priority, and it is vital to make sure you are keeping up on routine maintenance, including having an auto alignment. We have mechanics on hand who specialize in vehicle alignment, and our alignment shop is equipped with the proper tools and parts for any car alignment. If you are unsure when the last time was you had an auto alignment, call us today to schedule an appointment, and we will inspect your vehicle and answer any questions you may have about vehicle alignment.