CV Joints Hesperia, CA
Car ownership comes with a lot of responsibility, and part of that responsibility is to keep up on routine maintenance to ensure your vehicle is operating safely. One system that is continuously being used and often overlooked is the cars axles and cv joints. Scotty’s Automotive Repair is a full-service auto shop, and we employ highly skilled and trained mechanics that can work on any car system, including axel repair and axle replacement.
What is a CV Joint?
Cars that operate using a front-wheel drive system have Constant joints or CV joints. The CV joints connect the drive shafts and the transmission as well as connecting the drive shafts to the wheels. Rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive vehicles also have CV joints that are responsible for transferring the torque from the transmission to the wheels to keep the vehicle driving at a constant speed, while also compensating for the up-and-down movement of the suspension.
Signs You Need CV Joint Repair
Constant velocity or CV axles are a component that is found on many modern vehicles and is a vital part of the drivetrain. To keep your vehicle driving smoothly and your family safe, it is critical to have your car serviced if you suspect any problems with the axels or cv joints. Due to its constant use, CV axles can develop issues and listed below are some common signs that your car requires axel repair or axel replacement:
- Clicking Noise- If start hearing clicking or popping noises as you are turning the steering wheel, it is a sign that the CV joints are going bad and need to be serviced.
- Tire Grease- If you notice grease leaking on the side of your tire it may be a sign of a bad CV joint. Damaged CV joints will cause grease to be more visible and leak onto the tires.
- Vibration- When CV joints become old and worn, they will cause the vehicle to vibrate while driving. As the vibrations get worse, the car will become hard to control and less safe to, so it is essential to have it serviced right away.
- Knocking- Worn CV joints will develop a knocking sound from extensive use, and you will need to have them serviced.
- Bouncing- If you find your vehicle is bouncing even when driving on a flat paved road, it is most likely due to a problem with the CV joints.
At Scotty's Automotive Repair the safety of our customers is our number one priority, and it is vital to make sure you are keeping up on routine maintenance including making sure the vehicles axles and cv joints are working correctly. We have mechanics on hand who specialize in both axle repair and axle replacement, and our shop is equipped with the proper tools and parts for any vehicle. If you are unsure when the last time was you had your axles and cv joints inspected, call us today to schedule an appointment and we will check your vehicle and answer any questions you may have about axels and cv joints.