Auto Electric Shop - Scotty’s Automotive Repair A vehicle's electrical system is responsible for not only starting the car but keeping it and all the electrical equipment running as well. It is vital to make sure you are having your auto electric serviced by a certified mechanic at an auto electric shop. At Scotty's Automotive Repair we know and understand how vital an automotive electric system is, and we have highly skilled and experienced technicians who can perform any auto electric service.
Signs You Need Auto Electric Service Within your automobile, there are dozens of electrical parts that control and supply the power necessary for your car to not only start but to keep running as well. With all the electrical components of modern-day cars including computers, power windows, and locks, dashboards, USB ports, etc., it can be challenging to know exactly which system the cause of the vehicles electrical failure is. Listed below are some common signs or indicators that the cars electrical system needs repair:
1. Lights Dimming If you notice your car's lights dim when you are driving the vehicle, this is a sign, there is a problem with the electrical system. While the car is running the alternator should be supplying enough energy to keep the electrical systems running.
2. Problems Starting the CarIf you find that when you turn the key or press the start button that your vehicle is struggling to start, this is a sign that there may be a problem with the cars electrical system and you should have an auto electric service performed to diagnose the issue.
3. Melting Plastic SmellWhile any odd or foul smell coming from your car's engine is a sign something is wrong, the smell of burning plastic is an indication that there may be an issue with the electrical system wiring being too hot causing the insulation surrounding the wires to melt. This will not only cause the electrical system to malfunction, but it could cause a dangerous car fire as well.
4. Bad FusesFrom time to time due to use and age you will need to replace blown fuses in your vehicle. If you are constantly or consistently changing blown fuses, then this is a sign that there may be an issue with the electrical system sending too much current overloading the fuses and causing them to blow and you should take your car to an auto electric shop and have it checked.
5. Radio or Horn MalfunctioningWhile it is common to have one electrical component like the radio or horn malfunction due to a blown fuse if you notice problems with multiple components than it is a sign that your vehicle may require auto electric service. At Scotty's Automotive Repair, the safety of our customers is our highest priority, and it is crucial to make sure you have the car's electrical system checked for problems. We have highly skilled technicians in our auto electric service department who can diagnose and fix any automotive electric problem you may be having. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your car electrical system, call us today and schedule an appointment and we can assist you with any auto electric problem you have.